- Strategy & Partners
- News & Views
- My IIRSM
Agreement signed with business leaders in Ghana
Date of Issue: Thursday, 30 September, 2021
A leading body for business leaders in Ghana has signed a ground-breaking agreement with IIRSM to drive standards in risk and safety management.
The Institute of Directors - Ghana (IoD-Gh) and IIRSM signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) this week with six clear aims
- To exchange the best and latest practices in areas related to risk management, safety and health and accident prevention
- Cooperation in various activities related to occupational risk and safety through continuous development / education and training
- Promote the concept of risk, safety and health through awareness programmes, and participating in seminars, workshops and conferences
- Creating a common electronic database on risk and safety management-related topics
- Cooperation in implementing projects related to improving the concept of risk and safety
- Cooperation in research, information and technical support in the field of risk and safety
IIRSM President Clive Johnson (pictured above) said: “The signing of the MOU with the IoD - Ghana was a really proud moment for me. I truly believe this relationship will benefit both parties in raising the profile of both the IIRSM and IoD - Ghana in the world of risk management.
“Also, meeting the Chair and CEO of the IoD Ghana and discussing how we will work together really inspired me. Exciting times ahead.”
IoD - Ghana Council member and IIRSM Ghana Branch Chair Ing. Ben R. Aniagyei said: “In my view, It is the responsibility of Directors to to ensure the outcome of all business objectives are met. The uncertainty of meeting the outcome of business strategies and objectives is the risks associated with all the processes leading to the outcome.
“It is therefore important that business risks take centre stage in boardroom discussions. Uncertainties in business today require pragmatic risk management from all IoD Ghana. Members of both institutes will certainly benefit from the MOU just signed.”
In Ghana, the MoU was signed by Ing. Ben R. Aniagyei and IoD - Ghana Chief Executive Office Frederick Emmanuel Aryeetey.
Find out more about the IIRSM Ghana Branch here.