- Individual Membership
- Student Membership
- Apply online
- Code Of Ethics
- Upgrading your membership
- Become a Fellow of IIRSM
- Explore IIRSM's risk management and leadership competence framework
- Meet our Members
- Membership benefits
- Membership terms and conditions
- New member magazine coming soon
- Working in partnership
- Training & Events
- Products & Publications
- Branch Network
- Info Hub
- Working together
Terms and conditions of booking IIRSM Events and Training
These terms and conditions form the basis of the contract through which the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management ("IIRSM", "we" or "us") will deliver training and organise events to you as a IIRSM member or as a guest.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before you book a place for any training and events. In consideration of us accepting your booking, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. You should also note that these terms and conditions set out obligations to other IIRSM individual members, and those IIRSM individual members may be able to enforce their rights against you under these terms and conditions. Your attention is particularly drawn to the limitations and exclusions of liability set out in these terms and conditions.
1. Conditions of booking
A confirmation email will be sent to delegates on receipt of their booking. Where requested a receipt will also be provided.
For all conferences, seminars, workshops and training events, payment must be received prior the event, should this not be the case payment will be required at registration before entry to the event will be permitted.
3. Cancellation, postponement and substitution policy
For a refund, cancellations must be made in writing only and received at least 28 days prior to the event.
- If you cancel at least 28 working days prior to the start of the event or training course you will receive a full refund minus a 10% administration fee.
- If you cancel between 28 and 14 working days prior to the start of the course you will receive a 50% refund.
- If you cancel less than 14 working days before the event you will not be entitled to a refund.
Replacement/substitute delegates are welcome at any time. IIRSM reserves the right to cancel any event. In this case, the full fee will be refunded unless a mutually convenient transfer can be arranged. In the event that IIRSM postpone an event for any reason and the delegate is unable or unwilling to attend on the rescheduled date, you will receive a full refund of the fee paid.
Please note that while speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of the organisers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. IIRSM reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers and/or topics if necessary without any liability to you whatsoever. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on our web page.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit any person's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or any person's liability for fraud.
Subject to the above, neither we nor any of our agents, licensors or delegates or our or their directors, officers or employees will be liable for any losses incurred or suffered by you, directly or indirectly in connection with:
- materials provided to or by or on behalf of us being corrupted or inaccurate;
- you being unable for whatever reason to access or use the website or Services;
- benefits, goods or services provided by an external provider/third-party;
- any acts or omissions by you, any other IIRSM employees, or your or their personnel; or
- us, acting on materials or communications which purport to have been made by or on behalf of you but which have been created or sent by (i) a third party purporting to act in your name, or (ii) a person who has lawful access to the Services but who exceeds his authority, regardless of whether such losses arise in contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
Further, neither we nor any of our agents, licensors or delegates or its or their directors, officers or employees will be liable for any indirect or consequential losses incurred or suffered by you, whether or not those losses are foreseeable.
The total aggregate liability of us to you for all losses arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions, the website and the Services (whether such losses arise in contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise) shall not exceed the amount of any fees received from you.
Except as specified in these terms and conditions, all express or implied conditions, terms, representations or warranties (whether implied by statute or otherwise) are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
These terms and conditions do not and shall not affect your statutory rights as a consumer or the privacy of your data as a private citizen under the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (May 2018).
IIRSM do not accept liability for any injuries or losses of any nature incurred by delegates and /or accompanying persons, nor for loss or damage to their luggage and/or personal belongings.
By agreeing these terms and conditions, you are happy to proceed further and book IIRSM’s training and events and for your data to be used to contact you about the event. Your details will not be shared with third parties. We may contact you about future IIRSM events that we think are of interest. If you do not wish to receive information please email email@example.com
5. Force Majeure
IIRSM shall assume no liability whatsoever in the event the training or event conference is cancelled, rescheduled or postponed due to a fortuitous event, Act of God, unforeseen occurrence or any other event that renders performance of this conference impracticable, illegal or impossible. Not limited to: war, fire, labour strike, extreme weather or other emergency,