- Info Hub
- Strategy & Partners
- News & Views
- My IIRSM
OSHCR - Occupational Safety and Health Consultants Register
Important message for Fellows wishing to join the Occupational Safety & Health Consultants Register (OSHCR) - you must be participating in the IIRSM online CPD Scheme and have the necessary degree level (or equivalent) qualifications. The OSHCR fee is non-refundable so please make sure that you qualify before paying.
The aim of this register is to help businesses find advice on managing their general health and safety risks. The register is only open to those health and safety consultants who have met certain standards within their professional bodies.
The register is available at www.oshcr.org
Frequently asked questions
Only those consultants who meet the eligibility criteria can apply to join the register. These criteria have been agreed by the network of professional bodies and stakeholders involved in developing the register.
Part of the application procedure to join the register will involve a check with the relevant professional body that an individual has achieved a certain status within that professional body.
Consultants must have achieved at least one of the following:
- Fellow status with IIRSM (International Institute of Risk and Safety Management) with degree level qualifications
- Chartered status with IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health); CIEH (Chartered Institute of Environmental Health); or REHIS (Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland) with health and safety qualifications
- Member or Fellow status with BOHS (British Occupational Hygiene Society) Faculty of Occupational Hygiene
- Registered Member or Fellow status with IEHF (Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors).
- In addition, all consultants wishing to join the register will be asked to declare that they will:
- Demonstrate adequate continuing professional development
- Abide by their professional body’s code of conduct;
- Provide sensible and proportionate advice; and
- Have professional indemnity insurance or equivalent to cover the nature of their duties.
- If you are in any doubt whether you are eligible to join the register, you should contact your professional body.