- Training & Events
- Products & Publications
- Branch Network
- Info Hub
- Get Involved
New – Pilot mentoring scheme
Following the 2017 membership survey, significant interest was expressed in IIRSM running a mentoring scheme. We will pilot a scheme in the first half of 2018 and are currently initially seeking Fellows to volunteer to be mentors.
Purpose of IIRSM's mentoring scheme
Mentors share their expertise to help less experienced members develop their knowledge, skills and behaviours to achieve their professional objectives. Discussion points for mentors and mentees may include:
- Career development – developing a strong CV, enhancing your LinkedIn profile, interview techniques, taking the next career step etc
- Technical knowledge – identifying practical tools, techniques, models or theories that can be applied to a mentee’s day-to-day role etc
- Business skills – developing strategy, using data to influence commercial decisions etc
- Behavioural competences –how to be influential, strategic, innovative etc
- How to and benefits of progressing through IIRSM membership.
Mentors do not need to be in the same location as prospective mentees as e-mail, phone and Skype allow mentoring to be effectively delivered without direct face-to-face contact.
Benefits of IIRSM's mentoring scheme
Mentors benefit from the opportunity to:
Mentees have the opportunity to:
For detailed information about the pilot mentoring scheme and how to apply to be a mentor, please read the Mentor Application Pack.
Deadline to submit an application to become a mentor is 12.00pm on 23 February 2018.
If you have any questions, please contact Holly Mulvihill-Clark on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44(0) 20 8 741 9100.