- Learn and Network
- IIRSM Emerging Risk Leaders' Network
- IIRSM/NEBOSH Risk qualification
- Training approval
- Qualification Accreditation
- UK Branches
- International branches
- Risk management and leadership competence framework
- Mentoring Scheme
- IIRSM Award Winners 2021
- IIRSM Young Leaders Essay Competition 2021
- Info Hub
- Partners & Supporters
- News & Views
- Get involved
- My IIRSM
IIRSM's Emerging Risk Leaders' Network
Most of us have been there - in a new leadership role, changing industries or taking on new responsibilities.
Helping emerging leaders (and our wider membership) tackle those daunting challenges with confidence and insight is what this network is all about, perfectly aligned to IIRSM's purpose.
The network aims to support the professional development of our future risk leaders and to foster social connections to help develop both professionally and personally.
"We help emerging leaders tackle challenges with confidence and insight.” Callum Irvine, Network Chair
We have established an international steering group with a mixture of experiences, industries and geographies, but all united by their appetite to lead on risk.
The steering group is responsible for driving the network’s direction and agenda, including how to engage and recruit new members to join and controbute to the network and its activities. We’re all truly excited to see where they will head with IIRSM's full support.
Get in touch to register your interest if you’d like to join the network and get involved in future activities. Simply email us at email@example.com
Click the image to read the latest edition of the network's eMag.
The purpose of the network
The purpose of the network is to specifically:
- Support its members develop their influence and profile within their place of work and beyond.
- Empower members to build career success by learning from and supporting others from different industries, risk disciplines and geographical locations to cross-pollinate ideas, knowledge, best practice and lessons learned.
- Facilitate opportunities to showcase member capabilities through delivering informative and novel ideas and solutions through different channels.
- Promote the importance of developing risk and leadership skills early on in careers.
Our international steering group has split into three pillars and the teams are hard at work developing invaluable resources and guidance.
Below is an overview of each pillar.
What does good look like?
This group is identifying and engaging with organisations that we admire from a risk perspective, and will devise a programme of activities, such as workshops interviews and presentations to help us all learn about similarities and what drives their thinking on risk that enables them to manage it well.
Horizon scanning; the next challenge
This group is approaching organisations to see how the pillar can help them solve a risk challenge. What new ideas can they provide the ‘problem owner’ to help shape the solution and solve the problem? Deliverables will also include useful materials that all IIRSM members can benefit from to help them solve their own risk challenges.
What does an ultimate risk professional look like in 2030?
This group is exploring career pathways, moving both sideways into different risk roles and sectors, as well as promotion. The group is also researching and defining what the ultimate 2030 risk professional will look like. Both projects will be underpinned by a survey and learning and informative deliverables such as webinars, workshops and articles in The Sentinel and ERLN eMag.
Working in partnership
Working in partnership
We work in partnership with organisations that are aligned with our charitable values to educate and support current and future risk talent.
Supporting the Emerging Risk Leaders' Network enables you to demonstrate your commitment to developing risk leaders and the vital role both risk and leadership skills play in creating and maintaining safe, healthy and resilient people and organisations.
We are looking for partners to support this great new initiative and the benefits include:
- Contributing features, opinion columns and knowledge pieces to the network's e-magazine.
- Sharing your achievements and case studies via webinars or videos.
- Networking with a pool of risk talent.
- Accessing the network to help explore and help solve your risk issues and challenges.
- Profiling your brand via events, research/technical output, social media and the e-Magazine.
- Demonstrating your expertise in panel discussions at events, webinars or via podcasts.
- Having your logo on all relevant activities and literature.
If you're interested in supporting the network or want an informal chat, please do get in touch with Dina Khalidi, Head of Learning & Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sophie Williams, Director of Professional Development at Sophie.email@example.com
We want your help
Our future risk leaders need your help!
Our teams are seeking ideas and contacts to help with the following:
- Identifying leading organisations from a wide range of industries to share their experiences of how they manage risk well – either exploited an opportunity or overcame a major threat. We want to understand what they did, and why and what they learnt. With the information gathered, we will be developing a guidance document on effective risk management and how we can learn from different industries. Plus, an interactive workshop.
- Finding high profile leaders, from all areas of risk to be interviewed to generate informative short video sound bites, as well as more in-depth interviews for The Sentinel and the ERL e-mag.
- Interviewing industry leaders, such as Chief Executives, Chief Financial Officers, Chief Operations Officers and Chief Risk Officers to discuss their take on risk and what they deem to be their top short, medium and long-term challenges. The findings will be turned into a white paper.
- Gaining input from across all industries and risk and business leaders, on what the ideal risk professional will look like by 2030!
Please get in touch if you can help our future risk leaders. Just email us at ERLN@iirsm.org setting out how you can support, and we’ll be get back to you.