- Training & Events
- Products & Publications
- Branch Network
- Info Hub
- Working together
IIRSM Future Leaders' Network
The network is for the under 40s and its objectives are to:
- Showcase young talent and emerging leaders of the risk community.
- Help young professionals overcome challenges to achieve their aspirations.
- Utilise the network's experiences to encourage the next generation to join the risk profession and to support them in the early stages of their careers.
- Provide young professionals with opportunities to network and influence the risk profession through IIRSM activities and membership.
The world has changed dramatically in the past 20 years, and most of all, the scale of change itself. We now live in a world where the biggest risk faced by organisations is the speed at which they can be destroyed (Aon’s Global Risk Management survey, 2017). Therefore, it is essential that the risk profession and organisations attract and retain new and young talent to ensure they exist tomorrow.
Those who join the network will benefit from:
- Showcasing their expertise and achievements through being interviewed and having their profiles published in the network’s quarterly magazine, website and social media.
- Opportunities to network both face to face and online with a community from diverse backgrounds to share experiences, socialise and build contacts.
- Speaking opportunities at universities, seminars and webinars.
- Building mentoring and coaching skills by helping those who are about to, or have recently entered the risk profession.
- Accessing mentors who have been there and done it.
- Leading and contributing to technical output.
- Attending an annual drinks networking reception.
- Receipt of a quarterly magazine profiling network members, various topical case studies and news stories.
- Participating in other activities and initiatives as the network evolves.
We are seeking volunteers to help develop and launch our network. If you can, and would like to support us with this initiative, please get in touch with Holly Mulvihill-Clark, Head of Learning and Development by email: email@example.com or phone: +44 (0)20 8741 9100.
We are also seeking sponsorship from organisations that want to be aligned to our network demonstrating their commitment to developing young risk talent. If you are interested in learning more about the benefits and how you can support our network, we'd love to hear from you. Just get in touch with Sophie Williams, Director of Professional Development by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +44 (0)20 8741 9100.