- Training & Events
- Products & Publications
- Branch Network
- Info Hub
- Working together
Info & Booking
The object of the session is to make you think about what you actually need post an incident as opposed to being promoted by a form.
The webinar will cover:
- the importance of understanding root causes - e.g. the cause of the Glenfell Tower tragedy, which was not only the cladding
- how deficiencies in mangement planning or organisational failures are often the root cause but are often omitted from accident investigations
- the need to understand failures before we can address them
- whether you should investigate every adverse outcome and how to do them efficiently and effectively
- examples of case law which can guide post-incident actions
- the judiciary's advice regarding finding the root cause
Tuesday, 26 September, 2017 - 12:30 - 13:30
Siobhan Donnelly has practiced in Northern Ireland as a solicitor for over 16 years during which time she was founder and senior partner in her own legal practice. She has worked with a wide range of private companies and public sector bodies providing advice on compliance with health and safety obligations along with assistance in the defence of health and safety prosecutions.
In 2000 Siobhan set up SRT Donnelly & Associates in order to concentrate on health and safety law. The company has provided advice to clients on a range of issues including the review of documentation to ensure safe systems and compatibility with future defence. The business is unique in providing advice to directors in the immediate aftermath of serious accidents and fatalities.