- Training & Events
- Products & Publications
- Branch Network
- Info Hub
- Get Involved
Info & Booking
This introduction provides delegates with a basic introduction to:
- The concepts of risk and uncertainty, the types of risk faced by organisations, including both upside (opportunity) and downside (threat) risk.
- The importance of understanding the external and internal environment.
- The skills to be able to identify, measure, evaluate and prioritise risks in their organisation.
- The key techniques for treating risk – and where to obtain further help in their application.
- The behavioural and cultural aspects of risk
- The value and benefits of integrated risk management, and how it supports strategic, tactical and change objectives
- A simple framework for the management of integrated business risk.
The course is aligned with IIRSM’s Professional Standards of Competency in Risk Management.
Tuesday, 27 June, 2017 - 12:30 - 13:15
Steve leads Amarreurs Consulting Ltd, a specialist firm providing international business strategy, risk and resilience, occupational health and safety, and change management training and consultancy services.
Steve previously served for twelve years as Chief Executive Officer of the Institute of Risk Management (IRM).
Steve is a a prolific writer on risk management and business strategy, risk in major projects, international development and on competency standards for the risk management profession.
He is also a part-time university lecturer in risk management and a member of British Standards Institution’s committee for risk management. He serves on several risk management committees for major organisations.