- Learn and Network
- IIRSM Emerging Risk Leaders' Network
- IIRSM/NEBOSH Risk qualification
- Training approval
- Qualification Accreditation
- UK Branches
- International branches
- Risk management and leadership competence framework
- Mentoring Scheme
- IIRSM Award Winners 2021
- IIRSM Young Leaders Essay Competition 2021
- Info Hub
- Partners & Supporters
- News & Views
- Get involved
- My IIRSM
Info & Booking
Topic: One workforce, four generations – diverse demands in a rapidly changing workplace
With two presentations by expert speakers, the session will look at the issues of the changing workforce and what organisations need to address in order to accommodate different generations in the workplace.
1. Ergonomics risks in younger generations. Schools and colleges have adopted laptops and tablet devices with enthusiasm - Jon Abbott looks at the issues that we now need to address about the risks to young users’ bodies and explain how this affects the modern workplace. Jon Abbott is Sales and Marketing Director at Cardinus Risk Management.
2. Factors such as increased life expectancy and raising of the State Pension Age mean people will be working longer. Guy Osmond will look at some of the issues that will be affecting this section of the workforce and how organisations can support their workers throughout their working life. Guy Osmond is Managing Director at Osmond Ergonomics.
The session will include time for Q&A and a networking lunch. Both IIRSM members and their guests are very welcome to attend London Branch meetings so please feel free to invite friends and colleagues.
Note: Places are limited. If required there may be a repeat session after the networking lunch so timings for your booking may change.
Wednesday, 29 June, 2016 - 10:00 - 12:30
IIRSM Head Office, No. 1 Farriers Yard, 77-85 Fulham Palace Road, London W6 8JA
Event Date & Location