- Learn and Network
- IIRSM Emerging Risk Leaders' Network
- IIRSM/NEBOSH Risk qualification
- Training approval
- Qualification Accreditation
- UK Branches
- International branches
- Risk management and leadership competence framework
- Mentoring Scheme
- IIRSM Award Winners 2021
- IIRSM Young Leaders Essay Competition 2021
- Info Hub
- Partners & Supporters
- News & Views
- Get involved
- My IIRSM
Croseo, Welcome to the Wales IIRSM Branch page.
As Chair I feel privileged and motivated to lead the Wales IIRSM branch. In particular, building and developing relationships with and between members and partner agencies to build a strong safety network across Wales.
Personally, I have been working and involved in Health and Safety for over 25 years and I’m passionate about networking in particular coaching and mentoring others in their careers in the field of Health and Safety.
We would like to continually develop the IIRSM Wales branch and ensure it is truly embedded within the Risk and Safety Management environment in Wales and the UK. We aim to be recognised as a self-sustaining group and the body of choice for local and expert Risk and Safety Management professionals.
We are looking at encouraging additional members to join our Branch from all backgrounds. We are focussing on building relationships with schools, colleges and universities in Wales to promote career development with Health and Safety students.
Benefits of getting involved
The branch offers members:-
- Career support in professional growth, CPD requirements as Safety and Risk professionals and supporting career aspirations.
- Opportunities to connect with other Safety specialists, peers and partner agencies across Wales.
- Share Knowledge and experience in forums, virtual meetings and events.
- Access to local support networks of safety and risk professionals.
- Collaboration with other Safety groups, participate in site visits and conferences across Wales.
- Communicate via a local WhatsApp group to share ideas, best practice and to discuss current issues.
- Participate in forums and attending local IIRSM meetings both in person and virtually.
- Promote best practice through engaging with IIRSM events and associated learning opportunities, webinars, workshops and guest speakers.
We have established committee members within the group to support and promote our Branch activities; we are currently in the process of finalising a number of new initiatives which will help to grow the branch and support our work.
We will provide warm welcome to all Safety and Risk professionals keen to join our group.
Chair Wales Branch IIRSM