- Strategy & Partners
- News & Views
- My IIRSM
Welcome to the Qatar IIRSM branch page.
We are privileged to be leading the IIRSM Qatar branch, to continue its development and to support our fellow risk colleagues in the country, whilst supported by our head office in the UK.
Since 2014, the branch has come a long way. We have a multinational network of around 200 members, all of whom, collectively contribute their knowledge and time. We are pleased to be able to share our expertise and increase the awareness of risk to support social and national development.
We also would like to thank Vibrant Consultancy, who kindly sponsor and support our branch.
Our branch aims are to:
- Promote best practice in risk and safety management.
- Provide support and guidance to those new to the workplace through to senior decision-makers.
- Develop local partnerships with businesses and government bodies.
- Strengthen our relationship with existing and new members.
- Raise awareness of IIRSM and how we can support our network with their professional development and careers.
The economic boom and the various international events scheduled to take place in the country, just reinforces the need for expertise in risk and safety management. We, therefore, welcome opportunities to speak with government agencies, businesses, universities, and other establishments in Qatar to establish partnerships, to develop, and embed risk competence across their organisations.
The IIRSM Risk Management and Leadership Competence Framework is a useful tool for both individuals and organisations. Why not take a look, and see how we can work together in helping you raise your competence to identify, manage and communicate risk?
Our country plan which as follows aims at:
- Aligning our program to the Qatar National Vision 2030
- Spread awareness on significant Qatar Laws to our members affecting or relating to Risk and Safety Management
- Encourage industry leader members to host students who are to undergo work-term placements.
- To increase membership to a wider group of professionals within the country.
- To encourage members to continue with their professional growth through Continues Professional Development.
- To promote IIRSM and to encourage Qatari citizens to join IIRSM.
- To encourage IIRSM Qatar Branch members to participate in the regional international risk and safety events.
Our branch committee members are:
Deepu Ravikumar, Chair
Reece Chahal, Vice Chair
Emmanuel Oleabhiele, CPD/Training Coordinator
Viv Turner, Technical Advisor
Santosh Kumar Pillai, Technical Advisor
Proloy Kumar Das, Technical Advisor
Leo S.Dote, Qatar Branch Ambassdor
Meetings are currently being held virtually.
If you wish to contact myself or any member of the branch, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deepu Ravikumar, IIRSM Qatar Branch Chair
Future meeting dates:
23 August 2022
27 September 2022
25 October 2022
22 November 2022