- Strategy & Partners
- News & Views
- My IIRSM
Due to the geographical nature of Oman, most meetings will be held virtually as the focus of the branch is to engage all main areas of the country; including Muscat, Salalah, Sohar, Duqm and Nizwar. Once we’ve established our footprint, we hope to see satellite branches in each of these areas.
The aims of the branch are to:
- Act as a support hub for risk professionals in the region.
- Promote IIRSM in Oman through meetings and speakers attending key events in the country.
- Facilitate member development and support CPD for all, not only members.
- Support businesses with solutions to risk issues.
- Work with regulators in developing risk frameworks for Oman in line with the 2040 vision.
- Work with educational institutes in developing risk modules into educational curriculums.
- Integrate HSE into the business risk matrix (take HSE out of the silo).
- Create a platform for exchanging information with a wide support network.
We’ve developed a network of over 60 people. We will support them by initially having meetings at least once, every three months. This group will help support and develop our membership base.
- The branch will prepare a survey supported by IIRSM’s head office in the UK, to send out to all interested parties asking what they want from our branch activities, including, frequency of meetings, topics of interest etc.
- We will develop the Oman website page as a go-to for information (Watch this space).
- We will develop a committee and hold elections in 2022 including sub-committees in each region.
- We will align our Oman strategy to IIRSM’s overall strategy.
- We aim to develop membership by 20% year on year to give the Institute a voice in the region and to have IIRSM as the go to Institute for risk information.
How will we achieve this?
We can only achieve our vision and goals in Oman if we have active participation from members and non-members. We must give our members value for money and bring our message to the companies our members work for, showing the management the value of good risk management; including cost savings, increased production, decreases in accidents and incidents, lowering insurance costs etc.
We will undertake the following activities for our network:
- Communicate with our branch members about the latest news and updates from IIRSM’s head office on a quarterly basis.
- Support our members on their CPD journey to become Fellows of our Institute.
- Provide updates and small information sessions at our meetings.
- Work with training providers and event organisers to gain discounted attendance at events and on courses.
- Share information with our members and support them in different areas.
- Develop the branch website page to help members access information.
- Develop our less experienced members on presentation skills to assist them in developing their confidence and ability to train others.
- Support our members in employment opportunities.
- Create an inclusive branch run by members for members supported by a committee.
If you wish to contact myself or any member of the branch, please email: email@example.com
If you wish to attend a branch event, please click on here to find our events on the IIRSM events page.
We look fowrard to welcoming new members to our meetings and our community.
Miss Ashwaq Al-Rawahi, IIRSM Oman Branch Chair