- Strategy & Partners
- News & Views
- My IIRSM
Welcome to IIRSM's Nigeria branch.
As branch chair, I’m privileged to lead this branch, which is part of a charity supporting people and organisations to manage risk well. We champion risk management to drive positive change through practical education and support.
We have a growing local community of over 200, representing people from many risk disciplines - compliance, health and safety, sustainability and environmental management, quality management, security, project management, etc.
Since 2015, our members have continued to collectively give their time and knowledge to support the branch and its activities.
Our Branch Objectives
- Raise awareness of IIRSM
- Support our network with their professional development and career aspirations.
- Support our members in employment opportunities.
- Strengthen relationships with existing members and welcome new members.
- Support members with their CPD journey to becoming Fellows of IIRSM.
- Create online learning opportunities to help members develop their leadership skills for effective risk management.
- Collaborate with other organisations to improve risk communications.
- Strengthen the ILO – IIRSM Risk Communication and Social Dialogue Series.
- Communicate to branch members the latest news and updates from IIRSM’s head office.
- Research topical issues and disseminate results in support of national development.
We rely on the individual and collective expertise of our members, sponsors and collaborators to increase the awareness of risk management in support of local social and national development.
The door is wide open for partnerships to develop and embed risk competence across various organisations and we welcome individuals, businesses, universities, government bodies and other stakeholders in Nigeria that are interested in supporting our activities.
In driving the branch, the IIRSM Risk Management and Leadership Competence Framework serves as a useful tool for both individuals and organisations. Take a look, and see how we can work together to help you raise your competence to identify, manage and communicate risk.
Meetings are currently being held virtually, every quarter in March, June, September, and December:
If you wish to contact myself and get involved, please email me. Details below.
Branch Chairman: Eugene O.Itua