- Strategy & Partners
- News & Views
- My IIRSM
Welcome to the IIRSM India Branch.
This is a new branch recently formed in May 2021 with the aim of supporting Indian IIRSM members whilst supported by the Head Office of IIRSM in the UK.
India is one of the oldest civilizations in the world with a kaleidoscopic variety and rich cultural heritage. It has achieved all round socio-economic progress since independence. India has emerged as the fastest growing major economy in the world and is expected to be one of the top three economic powers in the world over the next 10-15 years, backed by its robust democracy and strong partnerships.
THE BRANCH OBJECTIVE ARE AS FOLLOW:
- Promote IIRSM in India through Professional Events.
- Planning and promoting training and capacity building services including strategic learning.
- Research, Documentation, and Development of National &International level information base.
- System development and expertise promotion for effective Fire Prevention & Protection, Industrial Safety, Aviation Safety and Natural/ Manmade Disaster preparedness and mitigation.
- Promoting awareness and Enhancing knowledge and Skills of all stakeholders.
- Networking and Facilitating exchange of information, experience and expertise.
- Support our network with their professional development and career aspirations.
- Strengthen relationships with existing members and welcome new members.
- Support members with their CPD journey to becoming Fellows of IIRSM.
- Create online learning opportunities to help members develop their leadership skills for effective risk management.
- Collaborate with other organisations to improve risk communications.
- Communicate to branch members the latest news and updates from IIRSM’s head office.
BRANCH COMMITTEE MEMBERS ARE:
Ashok Havannavar, IIRSM Ambassador
Mohit Sharma, Chair
Applications are open for the following Commitee roles:
THE BRANCH DEVELOPMENT
The purpose of the branch is development and implementation of standard safety procedure, and to have like-minded people working together on this through the IIRSM. We welcome opportunities to speak with businesses, universities, and other establishments to establish partnerships with the aim of developing and embedding risk competence across their organisations. The Branch will forge mutually beneficial relationships and collaborate with all local and international Professionals Risk Management Institutions, Disaster Authority, Fire Service of Different Organisation and States and Governmental Agencies of Different State in India.
WE WILL UNDERTAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES FOR OUR NETWORK:
- Communicate with our branch members about the latest news and updates from IIRSM’s head office on a quarterly basis.
- Support our members on their CPD journey to become Fellows of our Institute.
- Provide updates and small information sessions at our meetings.
- Work with training providers and event organisers to gain discounted attendance at events and on courses.
- Share information with our members and support them in different areas.
- Develop the branch website page to help members access information.
- Develop our less experienced members on presentation skills to assist them in developing their confidence and ability to train others.
- Support our members in employment opportunities.
- Create an inclusive branch run by members for members supported by a committee.
If you wish to contact myself or any member of the branch, please email: email@example.com