- Strategy & Partners
- News & Views
- My IIRSM
Welcome to IIRSM's Bahrain branch.
This is a new branch recently formed in March 2021 with the aim of supporting local IIRSM members whilst supported by the head office in the UK.
The branch objectives are as follow:
- Promote IIRSM in Bahrain through professional events.
- Support Members development programmes and CPD journey.
- Collaborate and develop local partnerships with business and Government bodies.
- Strengthen relationships with IIRSM members in Bahrain.
- Research risk issues and disseminate results to members and corporate organizations.
- Advise on best practice for risk management.
We welcome opportunities to speak with businesses, universities, and other establishments to establish partnerships with the aim of developing and embedding risk competence across their organisations.
Branch Committee members are:
Eng. Hasan Ahmed - Chair
Hussain Al Ajmi - Vice Chair
Hesham Alawi Abdulla - Committee Member
Ashok Havannavar - Ambassador
Hussain Habib - Secretary
Ahmed Buhassan - Committee Member
Ahmed Elmasry - Committee Member
Mohammed Sheban - Committee Member
What we will do
- Invite all interested parties to join our branch activities.
- Develop a committee and hold elections in 2023 including sub-committees.
- Seek to develop membership by 20% year on year to give the Institute a voice in the region and to establish IIRSM as the go to Institute for risk information.
How will we achieve this?
We need active participation from members and non-members. We must give our members value for money and bring our message to the companies our members work for, showing the management the value of good risk management; including cost savings, increased production, decreases in accidents and incidents, lowering insurance costs etc.
We will undertake the following activities for our network:
- Support our members on their CPD journey to become Fellows of our Institute.
- Communicate with our branch members about the latest news and updates from IIRSM’s head office on a quarterly basis.
- Work with training providers and event organisers to gain discounted attendance at events and on courses.
- Support our members in employment opportunities.
- Share information about risk management to our members
We look forward to welcoming new members to IIRSM.
Eng hasan Ahmed, Bahrain Branch Chair