- Learn and Network
- Info Hub
- Partners & Supporters
- News & Views
- Get involved
- My IIRSM
Become a Fellow
If you combine strategic insight, risk expertise and business acumen, and put the wellbeing of your people at the forefront to drive performance, then Fellowship is for you.
Fellowship recognises senior professionals who are changing the way organisations think and approach the management of risk and use their expertise and experience to deliver long-term value to both their organisation and profession.
Karla Gahan, FIIRSM
"For me, being a Fellow of IIRSM is about three things - respect, recognition and responsibility. I demonstrate and receive respect from my peers. I am recognised for my professionalism and expertise and I have a responsibility to give back. I am proud of my achivement and enjoy my relationship with IIRSM and its members."
Karla is a risk and business continuity professonal based in Australia
Apply for Fellowship if you are:
- Driven to promote your profession and best practice in managing risk.
- Passionate about achieving the highest levels of professional standing.
- Committed to helping and supporting others.
As a Fellow you get access to:
- Use of the FIIRSM designatory letters, the pinnacle of IIRSM membership.
- A network of peers to build contacts and share experiences, ideas and challenges.
- Opportunities to raise your profile, showcase your expertise and influence best practice through getting involved with IIRSM initiatives and activities.
Apply now and save £30
We are offering a discount to current members of £30 off the application fee if we receive your completed application and fee by 30 September 2020.
Are you eligible to apply?
To apply for Fellowship, you will be operating at a senior level with a wealth of knowledge and skills responsible for managing significant risks at function, organisational and/or project level.
You will typically:
- Work in an area of risk such as business continuity, compliance, crisis management, emergency planning, environmental management, health & safety, project management, quality, resilience, risk management or security.
- Lead a business function such as facilities, finance, HR, internal audit, legal or procurement.
- Be a senior decision-maker managing risks across projects, functions and organisations.
There are three routes to become a Fellow:
You have been a Member or Specialist Member for a minimum of 3 years, PLUS have 5 years’ demonstrable relevant experience working consistently at a senior level.
You have a risk-related Bachelor’s degree with honours, Master’s qualification, professional qualification at level 6 (on the England & Wales Regulated Qualifications Framework or equivalent) Or be a Chartered Member or Fellow of a recognised professional body, PLUS 5 years’ demonstrable relevant experience working consistently at a senior level.
Refer to our list of recognised professional bodies at the bottom of this page.
You have no formal risk-related qualification or professional membership but have a minimum of 9 years demonstrable relevant experience working consistently at a senior level.
How to apply
You can submit your application at any time. The process will typically take between 6 to 8 weeks, but may take longer at busy periods. We will keep you updated on the progress of your application.
Read through the Fellowship Assesment Guidance prior to completing your application. All documents you need to read, complete and submit can be found at the bottom of this page. They include:
- Fellowship Assessment Guidance
- Fellowship Aplication Form
- Recognised associations and professional bodies
- Reference Form and letter to be shared with the referees
- IIRSM Risk Management and Leadership Competence Framework
- Guidance to completing your statement of professional competence
- Example statements of professional competence
Get in touch
Prior to completing your application or if you have any questions about your eligibility to apply, please feel free to get in touch with the team for an informal chat. We will try and answer any questions you have. You can either call us on +44(0)20 8741 9100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous Fellowship Scheme
If you have been sent or downloaded the application form and guidance under the previous Fellowship process you have until 31 May 2020 to complete and submit it. From 1 June 2020, we will only accept applications based on the new process.
If you have any questions or concerns, or need copies of the guidance, please get in touch with Raymond on email@example.com or +44 (0)20 8741 9100 and he'll assist you.